A comprehensive systemic approach
The simultaneous consideration of infrastructure, rolling stock and operation ensures optimal solutions.
Experts from internationally recognized training
Our railway division is led by Jean-Daniel Buri, EPFL engineer and collaborator of Prof. Rivier, best known for having carried out the audit of the French railway network.
Efficient software acquired and developed
Our experts have the Viriato railway offer design software and are able to develop solutions on site.
A network of independent experts
Citec maintains privileged relationships with other railway experts, particularly in the field of maintenance management.
on various themes
Designing a sustainable mobility framework
Mobility can no longer be conceived in a monomodal way. Only the networking of all modes allows the user to effectively carry out his chain of movements by combining the various offers that are made to him. The railway, through its performance in terms of capacity and speed, must constitute the sustainable backbone of mobility, whatever the extent of the territory served: conurbation, region, nation. However, the railway system is complex, multi-parameter and multi-actor. This often makes it very opaque to public authorities, which are yet its main financier. Citec is able to provide valuable help to decision makers by defending a broad, integrative and transdisciplinary systemic approach. Only this consideration of all the interacting elements (infrastructure, rolling stock and operation, including the timetable structure), offers the guarantee of finding the most satisfactory solutions from a technical and economic point of view.
Design the offer
- Analyze the application and define the needs in terms of railway offer
- Hierarchize trains, their stops and structure trains
- Define correspondence nodes
- Make a schematic plane of the lines
- Design the timetable graphics
- Develop patterns with reticular lines and times (cadenced network)
- Integrate operational and infrastructure constraints
- Build rolling stock bearings and service towers for personnel
Perform running calculations (trains and trams)
- Modify infrastructure and rolling stock
- Calculate the theoretical and practical journey times
- Adapt travel times to operational constraints
- Compare and support the choice of rolling stock
Calculate the capacity of the railway network
- Define the number of tracks that can circulate during a given time interval, using the time saturation methodology
- Integrate all infrastructure and exercise constraints
- Highlight the bottlenecks and solutions for resorting them
- Recommend capacity allocation strategies
Design the track occupancy plan
- Detect incompatible paths and constraints
- Limit conflicts by assigning the tracks
- Integrate the needs of the operation
- Consider non-commercial movements
Define the necessary infrastructure
- Analyze the needs in terms of railway infrastructures
- Define the desired features, draw up the requirements profile
- Develop the schematic plan of the interventions
- Analyze the impact of the structures on the line and/or network capacity
Tell us about your projects
Our experts are at your service.