A proven know-how
Active since 1994, Citec is a recognized player in the field of modelling, with more than a hundred projects of all scales: crossroads, neighborhoods, TCSP axis, city, urban agglomeration, region.
Integrated vision and consulting approach
We have a complete vision that allows us to define a model, to use it, to interpret it, to disseminate it and to enhance its results.
Innovation and new mobility
Soft mode, car pooling, reserved lanes, low emission zones… Citec regularly develops innovative methods to meet new mobility needs.
Citec masters and owns the main transport simulation, planning and modelling tools: Vissim, Visum, Vissig, Aimsun, Biogeme, QGIS, Python, Viriato, OpenTrack, Capres …
Understanding, anticipating and quantifying mobility needs
Travel modelling is concerned with reproducing the interactions between the socio-economy of a territory, the demand for mobility, the transport networks and the conditions of travel. Whether you want to simulate the operation of a new intervention, assess the relevance of a future infrastructure, quantify the impact of a project in the context of socio-economic assessments, build prospective scenarios or share a partnership vision with all mobility actors… transport models are a powerful tool to analyze and support your decisions. For 25 years Citec has been supporting public and private mobility players in the creation of dynamic simulations and multimodal macroscopic models of travel. With more than a hundred projects under their belt, ranging from a simple crossroads to an urban agglomeration of over a million inhabitants, our experts have developed a proven methodology and the critical spirit necessary to illuminate and put the results in perspective.
Conceive multimodal macroscopic models
- Develop turnkey models of all scales: city, conurbation, region
- Modelling the supply of transport and the demand for mobility in an integrated way
- Integrate classical methods with targeted innovations: dynamic approach, cycle modelling, intermodality
- Design tools suitable for each territory and its respective needs
Predict the use of future infrastructures
- Project multimodal mobility needs into future transport and infrastructure projects
- Develop coherent scenarios of the future situation: socio-economic data, transport supply, demand on the whole network, multimodal accessibility
- Accompany and consolidate urban regulatory and mobility plans
- Feed impact assessments and socio-economic budgets
Carry out dynamic and microscopic simulations
- Simulate movements at the level of an intersection, a public transport corridor, a district
- Integrate all modes and simulate interactions between cars, pedestrians, buses, trams and cyclists
- Evaluate and optimize regulation strategies: priority, adaptation, intelligent transport system (ITS)
- Simulate pedestrian flows in infrastructures such as stations, airports and stadiums
Deciphering, analyzing and exploiting mobility data
- Analyze mobility surveys: Travel diary, Enquête Certifiée Cerema (EMC²), Micro-Recensement Transport (MRT), panel
- Use and illustrate mobility data: counts, Origin-Destination survey, Floating Car Data (FCD), GIS data
- Compare and make consistent different sources and types of data
- Understanding to extrapolate and predict trends