Proven experience in the biggest international events
The Olympic Games, the World Cup, the Pope’s visit to Geneva… in 25 years, the host and organizing regions have entrusted us with more than 30 large events in 15 countries.
Multiple skills and field experience
Our experts combine perfect mastery of transport engineering and operational knowledge of how big events work.
Full support for your event
From strategy to operations, our teams of specialized engineers will support you from A to Z to ensure the full success of any event.
The certainty of minimizing operational risks
Our job is to minimize the risk of failure by relying on in-depth mobility studies, network performance simulations and robust event management.
on various themes
Temporary mobility: effectiveness and reliability
The design of mobility systems for big events is at the heart of Citec’s activity. Sports competitions, shows, parties… large events are situations that place exceptional demands on territories and infrastructures. These projects of extreme complexity and great uncertainty are the subject of considerable challenges that affect not only the functioning of the event itself, but also the image of the host territory, its capacity to welcome the public, as well as the resilience and reliability of its management systems. Our experts support the territories, the organizers as well as the owners of the event, from the application to the operational management during the event. By combining a perfect mastery of transport engineering and a proven knowledge of the operation of large events and their specific needs, Citec knows how to design effective and robust solutions, ensuring that the event is carried out in the best conditions.
Accompany the bidding phase
- Structure the mobility needs interacting with the event project
- Drawing up the application dossier and the strategic transport plan
- Establishing the budget for forecasting and planning
Designing mobility plans
- Carry out the forecast study of the demand for mobility
- Analyze the development prospects of transport infrastructures
- Define the concept of mobility and the related solutions at the territorial level
Competence to obtain project approval
- Analyze the sizing of parking lots, entrances, temporary traffic lanes
- Evaluate the creation of interchange hubs and transport services in a temporary configuration for the event
- Validate walking and cycling routes through dynamic simulation
Organize access to the event
- Provide transportation spaces around the site or venues of the event
- Sizing by means of static and dynamic calculation of the waiting and transit areas for accessing the venues
- Develop transport interfaces: airports, stations…
Set up temporary solutions
- Define the services and size the needs of the bus and car fleets
- Prepare temporary parking solutions: operating principles, pricing and management
- Design routing, road and pedestrian signage and reserved paths
Piloting the event with information technology
- Provide dynamic forecasting and simulation tools for scenario assessment
- Structuring the control center of the event at the service of the territory and the organizer: monitoring, control, command and communication
- Centralize data in real time and develop decision support tools for the operational management of mobility