Simulate, Analyse, Quantify, Optimise, Forecast, Objectify, Support Décisions
Quantify the future impacts of changes in supply or of urban development
Predicting the future traffic on planned infrastructures
- Forecasting of travel demand for infrastructure projects and future transport services such as train, tram, BRT, etc.
- Scenario development to draw a consistent picture for the future of cities or regions, including socio-economic data, transport supply and travel demand
- Quantitative support of master plans on a urban, regional or national level
Multimodal travel models for agglomerations and régions
- Development and installation of turn-key models that can be used inside of government agencies of by third parties
- Integrated approach to model transport supply and travel demand for all modes (walk, bike, public transport, train, car, …)
- Static and dynamic methods
- Classic travel demand model architecture – and advanced models (tour-based and activity-based)
- Integration of spatial data in travel model, for example GIS, OpenStreetMap, navigation networks, time table data, etc.
- Simulation on the scale of city, agglomeration, region, state, country
Microscopic traffic simulation
- Simulation of intersections, corridors, city quarters
- Integration of all modes of transport; realistic representation of the interaction between cars, pedestrians, bus, tram, cyclists etc.
- Analysis of all kinds of traffic operations strategies (roundabouts, signal timing optimisation, bus/tram priority, adaptive signal timing, ITS, …)
- Impact evaluation and verification of the effectiveness of operational concepts
- Comparative performance analysis of alternative layouts and implementation concepts
- Pedestrian simulation in and around infrastructures such as airports, train stations, sport stadiums
Travel demand analysis and behavioural research
- Analysis of mobility survey data (travel diary », panel, stated and revealed preferences)
- Estimation of mathematical market models, for instance discrete choice models
- Forecasting of futures market shares in transport markets